October 31, 2019 Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Refresher
Who should attend: Emergency responders who have completed operations level or technician level training should attend. An annual refresher is required to maintain certification.
You will learn:
- The basic skills and knowledge acquired from previous Hazwoper courses.
- How to use emergency response equipment.
- Emergency response techniques.
- To use various levels of PPE.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge acquired from previous Hazwoper courses.
This Hazwoper Refresher course is an annual requirement for those who have become certified at the awareness, operations, 40 hour or technician level. This course is an interactive course with the instructor and students sharing their experiences with other students during a class. Employers should only send employees who are medically fit to participate in training activities in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(f). Portions of this course are held outside. Students should wear clothing appropriate for weather conditions.