The Central Ohio Chapter of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers is hosting a Volunteer Opportunity at the Mid-Ohio Foodbank on Friday, September 28, 2018. The activities will begin at 11:00am and last approximately three and a half hours. Please arrive about 15 minutes early. RSVP here.
Kids Café Meal Prep Duties:
- Prep cooking and portioning meals
- Light cooking
- Minor cleaning duties; Clearing tables, sweeping and mopping floors, washing and putting away dishes, taking out trash, etc.
Kroger Food Pantry Assistant Duties:
- Greeting the families and providing them with the necessary information on how to shop in the pantry.
- Assist families that are shopping on the pantry floor by explaining how to use pantry selection charts, and by answering questions regarding service.
- Help organize and maintain stocked shelves from the available pantry inventory.
- Converse with families, assist them in making food selections, push shopping carts and help bag groceries.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming, and dignified space.
Attire should be something casual, comfortable, and that can get dirty. Since warehouse climate can be tricky, layers are recommended. For safety purposes, they do not allow volunteers to wear open toed shoes, sandals, or loose jewelry/clothing.
Potential lifting and/or moving of items up to 50 pounds. Standing for the full length of the shift should be expected.
On October 30-31, Ohio EPA will host our 10th Compliance Assistance Conference at the Marriott Northwest in Dublin, Ohio. Through our conference, you will gain valuable information and contacts to help you with your environmental compliance responsibilities.
The two-day conference will cover a variety of environmental compliance-related topics, including:
• EPCRA, TRI and RMP Reporting
• Air Permitting Basics and Reporting
• Preparing for an Ohio EPA Inspection
• Hazardous Waste Requirements Overview
• Emerging Topics in Hazardous Waste (Textile Rules, Generator Improvement, RCRA Corrective Action 2020)
• Used Oil and SPCC Requirements
• Reporting When Things Go Wrong
• Solid Waste Basics
• NPDES Permits and Electronic (e-DMR) Reporting
• New Source Review (NSR) and Title V Permitting
• Compliance Assistance, Funding Resources and Options to Become More Sustainable
• Storm Water and Wetland Permitting Requirements
• Ohio’s Beneficial Use Program
A large part of the conference is targeted to businesses and others who need to know the basics about environmental compliance. However, the agenda also includes advanced topics, such as Title V permits and reporting and a special four-hour SPCC session. There also will be a plenary panel session from our program chiefs who will share the priorities and cover hot topics that are important to you.
The complete conference agenda and registration information is now available at http://epa.ohio.gov/compliance_conference.
We look forward to seeing you in October! If you have any questions, contact Supora Hunter, Ohio EPA at 614-644-2268 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.