COCHMM Volunteer Day at Mid-Ohio Foodbank
The Central Ohio Chapter of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers is hosting a Volunteer Opportunity at the Mid-Ohio Foodbank on Friday, September 28, 2018. The activities will begin at 11:00am and last approximately three and a half hours. Please arrive about 15 minutes early. RSVP here.
Kids Café Meal Prep Duties:
- Prep cooking and portioning meals
- Light cooking
- Minor cleaning duties; Clearing tables, sweeping and mopping floors, washing and putting away dishes, taking out trash, etc.
Kroger Food Pantry Assistant Duties:
- Greeting the families and providing them with the necessary information on how to shop in the pantry.
- Assist families that are shopping on the pantry floor by explaining how to use pantry selection charts, and by answering questions regarding service.
- Help organize and maintain stocked shelves from the available pantry inventory.
- Converse with families, assist them in making food selections, push shopping carts and help bag groceries.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming, and dignified space.
Attire should be something casual, comfortable, and that can get dirty. Since warehouse climate can be tricky, layers are recommended. For safety purposes, they do not allow volunteers to wear open toed shoes, sandals, or loose jewelry/clothing.
Potential lifting and/or moving of items up to 50 pounds. Standing for the full length of the shift should be expected.