Event Categories: Education
Who should attend: Emergency responders who have completed operations level or technician level training should attend. An annual refresher is required to maintain certification.
You will learn:
- The basic skills and knowledge acquired from previous Hazwoper courses.
- How to use emergency response equipment.
- Emergency response techniques.
- To use various levels of PPE.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge acquired from previous Hazwoper courses.
This Hazwoper Refresher course is an annual requirement for those who have become certified at the awareness, operations, 40 hour or technician level. This course is an interactive course with the instructor and students sharing their experiences with other students during a class. Employers should only send employees who are medically fit to participate in training activities in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120(f). Portions of this course are held outside. Students should wear clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
Vincent Valentino, Land Grant Brewing's Sustainability Manager, gave a presentation on Land Grant's journey through the Ohio EPA's Encouraging Environmental Excellence (E3) Program. Dan Sowry and David Foulkes, from Ohio EPA, followed by giving a presentation on the E3 Program from the Ohio EPA's standpoint, on the process of going through the program, the different award levels, and how to get there.
CEPAC Workshop: Practical Compliance Considerations for Large and Small Ammonia Refrigeration Systems
On October 30-31, Ohio EPA will host our 10th Compliance Assistance Conference at the Marriott Northwest in Dublin, Ohio. Through our conference, you will gain valuable information and contacts to help you with your environmental compliance responsibilities.
The two-day conference will cover a variety of environmental compliance-related topics, including:
• EPCRA, TRI and RMP Reporting
• Air Permitting Basics and Reporting
• Preparing for an Ohio EPA Inspection
• Hazardous Waste Requirements Overview
• Emerging Topics in Hazardous Waste (Textile Rules, Generator Improvement, RCRA Corrective Action 2020)
• Used Oil and SPCC Requirements
• Reporting When Things Go Wrong
• Solid Waste Basics
• NPDES Permits and Electronic (e-DMR) Reporting
• New Source Review (NSR) and Title V Permitting
• Compliance Assistance, Funding Resources and Options to Become More Sustainable
• Storm Water and Wetland Permitting Requirements
• Ohio's Beneficial Use Program
A large part of the conference is targeted to businesses and others who need to know the basics about environmental compliance. However, the agenda also includes advanced topics, such as Title V permits and reporting and a special four-hour SPCC session. There also will be a plenary panel session from our program chiefs who will share the priorities and cover hot topics that are important to you.
The complete conference agenda and registration information is now available at http://epa.ohio.gov/compliance_conference.
We look forward to seeing you in October! If you have any questions, contact Supora Hunter, Ohio EPA at 614-644-2268 or at email@example.com.