Event Categories: Chapter Meeting
The Central Ohio Chapter of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers is hosting a social gathering in downtown Columbus on Thursday, October 24th, 2019. The bar crawl will begin at 5:00 pm. Three tickets will be provided at the first bar and can be redeemed for one food or drink item, up to $10, at each location. Tickets must be picked up between 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm at the first location. There is no educational component to this event, just fun and networking!
Location 1: Pub Mahone
5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Located at 31 E Gay St, Columbus, OH
Pub Mahone boasts Irish cuisine in a true
Irish setting without having to leave the country.
Location 2: Buckeye Bourbon House
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Located at 36 E Gay St, Columbus, OH
Buckeye Bourbon House is a bourbon-focused
bar with fun games and small bites.
Location 3: Tip Top Kitchen & Cocktails
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Located at 73 E Gay St, Columbus, OH
Tip Top is a down-to-earth tavern offering
plentiful draft beers and Ohio comfort foods.
Cost: Free for members, $30 for non-members (payable by cash or check at the first location)
Feel free to bring guests. Colleagues, friends, and partners are all welcome!
Please RSVP to email@example.com by October 18th.
Thanks and hope to see you there!
The Central Ohio Chapter of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers is hosting an environmental health and safety facility tour at Retriev Technologies, on Wednesday, July 31, 2019. The tour will begin at 10:00 a.m. and last approximately two hours. Please arrive about 15 minutes early.
Please RSVP if you plan on joining us for the event.
For nearly 30 years, Retriev Technoolgies has built a reputation as a global leader in battery recycling and management. Today, as one of the most knowledgeable and diverse battery recycling companies in the world, we’ll learn how they’re moving forward to meet the growing demand for custom recycling solutions.
We’ll also overview membership and benefits of joining the Central Ohio Certified Hazardous Materials Managers chapter and our upcoming calendar of events.
• Guests will learn about Retriev’s process
• Potential hazards/impacts
• Sustainability implications
• Overview of COCHMM and upcoming calendar of events
FREE to attend!
265 Quarry Road SE
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
Long pants and closed toe shoes are suggested.
All participants will need to sign an NDA. We can do it there, just before the tour. Retriev has hard hats and safety glasses we can borrow if you do not want to bring your own.
The Central Ohio Chapter of Certified Hazardous Materials Managers is hosting a Volunteer Opportunity at the Mid-Ohio Foodbank on Friday, September 28, 2018. The activities will begin at 11:00am and last approximately three and a half hours. Please arrive about 15 minutes early. RSVP here.
Kids Café Meal Prep Duties:
- Prep cooking and portioning meals
- Light cooking
- Minor cleaning duties; Clearing tables, sweeping and mopping floors, washing and putting away dishes, taking out trash, etc.
Kroger Food Pantry Assistant Duties:
- Greeting the families and providing them with the necessary information on how to shop in the pantry.
- Assist families that are shopping on the pantry floor by explaining how to use pantry selection charts, and by answering questions regarding service.
- Help organize and maintain stocked shelves from the available pantry inventory.
- Converse with families, assist them in making food selections, push shopping carts and help bag groceries.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming, and dignified space.
Attire should be something casual, comfortable, and that can get dirty. Since warehouse climate can be tricky, layers are recommended. For safety purposes, they do not allow volunteers to wear open toed shoes, sandals, or loose jewelry/clothing.
Potential lifting and/or moving of items up to 50 pounds. Standing for the full length of the shift should be expected.